The mission of MIT is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
Lecturer in Spanish
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Global Studies and Languages Section, invites applications for a full-time Lecturer in Spanish. This is a three-year appointment beginning July 1, 2017, with the possibility of renewal based on performance. This position includes full benefits. Responsibilities include teaching 6 language (undergraduate level) sections annually, developing innovative curricular materials for Spanish language instruction, student advising, and other program duties.
Candidates must have:
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree or equivalent
• Native or near-native spoken and written proficiency in Spanish and English
• A minimum of 3 consecutive years of teaching experience in a US institution of higher education
• A strong record of demonstrated excellence in teaching
• Demonstrated interest and experience in language pedagogy, curriculum design and development of new instructional materials (print, audio, video or
• A record of on-going professional engagement and development
Applicants should submit a letter of application, a CV, a sample syllabus, a sample of materials development (print or digital), and three letters of recommendation.
All materials should be submitted no later than October 1, 2016, via Academic Jobs Online: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/7484
MIT is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative-Action employer and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and veterans.
Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.