MIT Global Studies and Languages offers many intensive language courses during IAP. Classes are filled by a department-run lottery. Course offerings will be posted in early October. Enter the lottery through the link at the bottom of this page.
Please visit the MIT IAP website for more information on IAP.
- Independent Activites Period (IAP) will be held Monday, January 5, 2015 through Wednesday, January 28, 2015 (There will be no class on Monday, January 19, 2015 in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday).
- Do not pre-register on Websis. All courses are filled by department lottery.
- Subjects are filled through an application process. Instructors use several criteria when selecting students. Consult the instructor of the particular subject if you have questions about the selection process.
- Class attendance and class preparation are mandatory.
- Priority is given to undergraduate students. Graduate student admission is contingent on undergraduate enrollment, with the exception of English Language Studies subjects.
- Timeline dates may differ for study abroad courses. Please check subjects for special timelines.
- If you do not receive an email, then you were not placed in an MIT GSL IAP credit subject. However, you may be on a waiting list.
- Failure to confirm will eliminate the student from the subject's roster and the slot will be offered to someone on the waiting list.
- If there are slots available after the confirmation deadline, students on the waiting list will be offered places (in an order determined by the instructor) until the subject is filled.
- Questions regarding subject content, selection criteria, etc. should be directed to the instructor of the course.
- Questions/problems concerning the web signup process should be brought to the attention of email@example.com.
- Mon. December 1, 2014: Lottery opens at 9:00 AM
- Fri. December 5, 2014: Lottery closes at 5:00 PM
- Wed. December 10, 2014: If selected, you will receive email notification by 12:00 PM (Noon)
- Fri. December 12, 2014: Selected students must confirm their spot no later than 5:00 PM
- To enter the lottery, please visit http://web.mit.edu/gsl/iap/