German Studies Excellence Award
The German Studies Excellence Award at MIT, sponsored by Global Languages and MISTI-Germany, was started in 1997 to honor students of German in each academic year who exhibit unusually strong skills and effort in the study of German language and cultures in classes at MIT. The awards are decided by a jury of faculty from the German Studies program.
- First Prize is a round trip flight to Germany.
- Second and Third place prizes also awarded.
We solicit work from students in MIT German classes in AY 2021 demonstrating original and creative excellence in German Studies. Students may submit a digital recording (audio or video) in German related to their study or interest in German. For example, students might describe their German-learning journey, or they might recite original poetry, or discuss politics etc. Or students may submit a piece of work such as short essay, writing assignment, or a digital presentation that was completed for a German course in either the Fall, IAP, or Spring semesters. We are looking forward to your submission!
All entries must be submitted by April 27, 2021, to be considered for the award.
All participants are required to attend the Award Ceremony on Zoom on May 4 at 5:00-6:00 PM (Zoom details to be announced).
- One submission per student.
- Please name file in the format of: LASTNAME_ GSEA.
- Entries must be in German.
- For paper submissions (from German classes): please submit PDF.
- For audio or video submissions, submit files in H.264 MP4 (video) or MP3 (audio) form (should not exceed 3 minutes)
- Upload entry HERE
Please contact your German instructor with any questions.
For technical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org